Carolina Career Community
Have a Healthy & Safe Spring Semester!
Welcome back to UNC-Chapel Hill and welcome to the New Year! We hope that our community members had a restful and rejuvenating holiday break. Without a doubt, there is plenty of uncertainty before us, but the start of the year is always a special time on our campus. As Chancellor Guskiewicz stated in his welcome back to campus message, “as we all settle into new routines and navigate a changing environment in the coming weeks, please take care of yourself and each another.”
Invitation to Join C3 Committee
Have you considered joining C3 committee? C3 committee is looking for new members to broaden its representation across the university. Its purpose is to plan programming for C3 at large. C3 committee generally meets bi-weekly for one hour and its members can expect to spend 1-2 additional hours per month for committee work. Candidates must be present C3 members. If interested in learning more, please contact C3 planning committee chair.
Tell Your Students!
- January 27 & 28: The Diplomacy Initiative: Meet the Mentors (kick off of the Diplomacy Initiative Mentorship Program)
- February 16: Carolina Career Exploration & Experience Day (STEM Majors)
- February 17: Carolina Career Exploration & Experience Day (All Majors)
- March 9: Graduate Career Consortium PhD & Master’s Virtual Career Expo
- March 22: Health Schools Information Fair
- March 24: Mid-Semester Last Minute Job Fair (All Majors)
- April 6: SEC & ACC Virtual Career Fair
Mark Your Calendars!
- February 8 @ 11 a.m.: C3 Virtual Workshop: Global Guarantee and Its Impact on UNC Students Presenters: Jason Kinnear (UNC), Heather Ward (UNC); Chelsea Kindred (Academic Programs International), Student Participant (TBD)
Career Services practitioners are invited to learn about the Global Guarantee and it’s impact on UNC students’ collegiate experience. The Global Guarantee is Carolina’s promise that a global education is available to every student. By offering students the best menu of global education opportunities possible, the Global Guarantee helps Carolina students fulfill their potential to become the next generation of global leaders, with the global knowledge, skills and mindset to address the world’s greatest challenges. Education abroad remains central to the Global Guarantee, but reduced travel during the pandemic has accelerated Carolina’s adoption of virtual global education opportunities, such as virtual study, research, and internship programs. The presenters will share the benefits of these virtual experiences and the opportunities available.
- February 15 @ 12:30 p.m.: C3 Virtual Lunchtime Check-In: Global Guarantee and Its Impact on UNC Students
- March 9 @ 11 a.m.: C3 Virtual Workshop: Virtual Interviewing Experiences & Tips from Students & Employers (Working Title)
- March 16 @ 12:30 p.m.: C3 Virtual Lunchtime Check-In: Virtual Interviewing Experiences & Tips from Students & Employers (Working Title)
- April 14 @ 11 a.m.: C3 Virtual Workshop: Establish Ethic Professional Practices to Support Student Success (Presented by NACE)
Presenter: Matthew Brink (NACE)
Career Services professionals are dedicated to an important cause —helping students choose, prepare for, and attain personally rewarding careers. NACE’s Principles for Ethical Professional Practice are designed to provide everyone involved in the career development and employment process with two basic precepts on which to base their efforts: maintain a recruitment process that is fair and equitable; and support informed and responsible decision making by candidates. During this session, together we will explore strategies and practices to establish a common framework within a decentralized career services context for an ethical professional approach to the delivery of career services.
- April 21 @ 12:30 p.m.: C3 Virtual Lunchtime Check-In: Establish Ethic Professional Practices to Support Student Success (Presented by NACE)
NOTE: you do not have to attend a workshop in order to attend consequent lunchtime check-in; recordings will continue to be available, but are not required watching prior to attending lunchtime check-ins
More Professional Development Opportunities!
- February 4: NCCDA 2022 Annual Conference (virtual)
- March 14: Coach Approach Trainings (virtual)
- May 11-13 NCACE 2022 Annual Conference (in person)
- June 6 – 9: NACE 2022 Conference & Expo (in person)
- June 28-29: NACE 2022 Conference & Expo (virtual)
Advance Your Career!
- Director of Career Services, Master of Accounting Program closes January 21
- Assistant Director of Career Services closes January 31