Carolina Career Community
Happy National Career Development Day – TODAY!
Colleagues, join us in celebrating:
- National Career Development Month – November
- National Career Development Week – November 15-19
- National Career Development Day – November 17
Since 1967, NDCA has promoted National Career Development Month in an effort to improve career development at all stages. NCDA established its first legislative agenda during the 2008 annual Global Conference in Washington, DC. Since then, NCDA has made public policy an important cornerstone of its work, as described in NCDA’s Philosophy on Public Policy: Advocating for Career Development. This month-long awareness campaign encourages career development professionals to celebrate career development. This is the time for all of us as practitioners and educators to celebrate what we do daily – inspire and empower individuals to achieve their career and life goals.
C3 Listserv Parameters
C3 (Carolina Career Community) committee would like to remind its valued members of our mission: we are a professional network that aims to serve as a key resource to all UNC-Chapel Hill faculty and staff who provide career advising to students and maintain employer relations.
We are excited that our membership has reached 140 members and continues to grow. We continue to receive positive feedback about offerings for C3 and are excited to see utilization of the listserv continue to increase.
As such, we would like to set the following C3 listserv parameters:
- Considering that we are a UNC-Chapel Hill community, please promote only UNC-Chapel Hill job openings;
- Considering that we are a professional network, please follow NACE Principles for Ethical and Professional Practice when reaching out via listserv.
Some of the examples of appropriate messages are:
- Relevant job posting within UNC-Chapel Hill;
- Events open to a wide segment of UNC-Chapel Hill student population;
- Professional development opportunities of interest to UNC-Chapel career services and employer relations professionals.
We encourage you to please reach out to the C3 committee if you are not sure that your message should be shared via C3 listserv vs. other means, such as LinkedIn, other professional organizations, etc.
We value your membership, and thank you for being a part of C3!
Tell Your Students!
- February 16, 2022: Carolina Career & Networking Fair (STEM Majors)
- February 17, 2022: Carolina Career & Networking Fair (All Majors)
- March 22, 2022: Health Schools Information Fair
- March 24, 2022: Mid-Semester Career & Networking Fair
Mark Your Calendars!
Take advantage of the following UNC-Chapel Hill opportunities:
- NOTE NEW DATE: December 2 @ 12 pm – 12:30 pm C3 Lunchtime Check-in (follow-up to Preparing Students to Apply to Graduate School)
NOTE: you do not have to attend a workshop in order to attend consequent lunchtime check-in; recordings will continue to be available, but are not required watching prior to attending lunchtime check-ins
More Professional Development Opportunities!
- December 5-8: SoACE 2021 Annual Conference (in person)
- February 4, 2022: NCCDA 2022 Annual Conference (virtual)
- Early bird registration deadline November 19
- May 11-13, 2022: NCACE 2022 Annual Conference (in person)
- June 6 – 9, 2022: NACE 2022 Conference & Expo (in person)
- June 28-29, 2022: NACE 2022 Conference & Expo (virtual)
Advance Your Career!