Carolina Career Community
From Dr. Tierney Bates, Interim Executive Director of University Career Services
This Spring 2020 has thrown us a curveball but like any good team we have learned to make halftime and in season adjustments and adapt. This a is a time that breeds new innovation and creativity. We in UCS are challenging our partners, faculty, students, and staff TO THINK DIFFERENT a famous phrase from the past. COVID19 has called out a sore eye to American society’s racial inequities, class disparities, and employment. We cannot go back to doing business as usual, UCS will THINK DIFFERENT and still keep a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion. We will still focus on providing the best experience to students, with more outreach and more inclusion, we truly want equity and inclusion while offering insight and solutions to all of our campus and employer constituents. We will be rooted in service, as Henry Ford put it “An organization routed in service will only have to worry about one thing when it comes to profit, it will be embarrassing large”.
Virtual University Career Services (UCS)
- All UCS services are available virtually
- May and August 2020 graduates will have access to Handshake and UCS support until May and August 2021 (respectively)
Mark Your Calendars!
- May 20 Navigating Economic Uncertainly – Virtual Alumni Panel
- May 22 Tar Heels Resume Book: Summer Internship Seekers
- May 22 Tar Heels Resume Book: Full-Time Job Seekers
- May 28 C3 Lunch Time Check In
- June 10 Virtual C3 Mini Conference REGISTER NOW!
- October 15 Annual C3 Conference
- May 21 NCCDA Morning Musings
- June 24-25 SoACE Virtual Employer Relations Summit
- December 13-16 SoACE Annual Conference
First Destination Survey 2020
Please continue to encourage May 2020 undergraduate seniors participation in our annual First Destination Survey (for undergraduate students only). Thus far, approximately 24% of graduates responded with approximately 70% reported ‘positive’ career outcome (working, continuing education, volunteering, military, etc.), with approximately 20% of them reporting that their post-graduation plans have been affected by COVID-19.
Eship Center Survey
Vivian Yi from the UNC Eship Center is requesting C3 help in promoting their annual brand awareness survey to learn more about UNC students’ interests in entrepreneurship and their familiarity with their center. Respondents will enter a drawing for the prize basket featuring a $25 gift certificate to Brandwein’s Bagels, an Eship Center t-shirt, some Tar Heel merch, and a bunch of goodies from startups in their network. Please, encourage your students to take this survey.
- Want to learn more about C3? Check out our new website! Direct website feedback to Ms. Kaitlyn Bayley.
- Have something for the next C3 newsletter? Submit your information for consideration to Dr. Nadia Korobova.
- Want to add a colleague to C3 listserv? Want to be removed from C3 listserv? Email Dr. Nadia Korobova
- Want to stay connected? C3 listserv members can reach out to each other directly via listserv. Please, be mindful that your message will reach over 120 UNC Chapel Hill staff and faculty.
- Interested in receiving UCS Pulse? It is an electronic UCS student newsletter sent bi-weekly to all UNC Chapel Hill students with Handshake account. If so, email Dr. Nadia Korobova