May 2022 Newsletter
Carolina Career Community
Thank You & Have a Restful Summer!
Thank you, Carolina Career Community! As we are wrapping up another challenging year, we wanted to share our appreciation for the work that you continue to do with students. We have seen so many of our colleagues leave UNC, and/or higher education, and/or career services, and though sometimes this has left more burden on you, we wanted you to know you are appreciated and supported through our community! We are excited to continue connecting and supporting one another across campus this summer and again in the fall. Try to get some rest this summer!
Dr. Nadia Korobova, Kenan-Flagler Business School (Chair)
Grace Athy, University Career Services
Allison Binkley, School of Government
Amanda Brumfield, Honors Carolina
Sandra Chandler, Kenan-Flagler Business School
Jacquie Gist, University Career Services
Dr. Lori Haight, School of Library & Information Science
Joe Hayes, Kenan-Flagler Business School
Dr. Susanne Killian, Kenan-Flagler Business School
Cricket Lane, UNC Athletics
Doug Mayes, University Career Services
Share Your Updates!
Have you created or piloted a new course or a workshop recently? Have you engaged with an unusual or a highly desirable employer? Have you received a professional award or presented at a conference? Please, share any updates with the C3 committee to be shared in the C3 newsletter!
Tell Your Students!
- Opportunities for students are coming back in Fall 2022!
Mark Your Calendars!
All C3 (Carolina Career Community) members are invited to join us! New C3 members are invited to meet C3 committee members and each other, learn about our community and what it can offer you. All members are invited to check-in, network, connect, and pause to celebrate the end of the academic year. C3 2022 Annual Awards Recipients will also be announced.
- June 9, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.: Virtual Coach Approach Training (register here)
- June 15, 11 a.m.-noon: C3 Virtual Workshop: Leadership Development Opportunities Based on NACE Career Readiness Competencies
Student Life & Leadership (SLL) is creating and implementing leadership development opportunities that range from asynchronous independent leadership learning experiences to high-impact multi-day and year experiences. This includes leadership through a range of perspectives that range NACE Career Readiness Competencies, deconstructing/reconstructing meaning, to positive social change. C3 community members are invited to engage in an interactive learning experience around how SLL’s work is expanding on campus. Presenter: Brian Lackman.
- July 15 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. In Person Coach Approach Training (register here)
- September 26 10-11 a.m.: In Person C3 Fall Social (details TBD)
More Professional Development Opportunities!
- June 6 – 9: NACE 2022 Conference & Expo (in person)
- June 28-29: NACE 2022 Conference & Expo (virtual)
Advance Your Career!
- Director of Academics and Student Engagement closes May 25
- Alumni Career Services Coordinator closes May 27
- Career Services Coordinator closes May 27
- Honors Carolina Coach (Tech); Honors Carolina Coach (Business) closes June 1