March 2022 Newsletter
Carolina Career Community
Share Your Updates!
Have you created or piloted a new course or a workshop recently? Have you engaged with an unusual or a highly desirable employer? Have you received a professional award or presented at a conference? Please, share any updates with the C3 committee to be shared in the C3 newsletter!
Nominate Your Colleagues!
Help us recognize our career counseling and employer relations professionals for the outstanding work done from the 2021-2022 academic year up through the present! Award categories include: Outstanding Career Practitioner of The Year, Best Practices/Innovation Award, and Distinguished Diversity Initiative. Nominate a colleague by May 1!
Tell Your Students!
- March 22: Health Schools Information Fair
- March 24: Mid-Semester Last Minute Job Fair (All Majors)
- April 6: SEC & ACC Virtual Career Fair
Mark Your Calendars!
- April 13 @ 11 a.m.: C3 Virtual Workshop: Establishing Ethical Professional Practices to Support Student Success (Presented by NACE)
Presenter: Matthew Brink (NACE)
Sponsors: Student-Athlete Development and the Career Team of the Undergraduate Business Program
Career Services professionals are dedicated to an important cause —helping students choose, prepare for, and attain personally rewarding careers. NACE’s Principles for Ethical Professional Practice are designed to provide everyone involved in the career development and employment process with two basic precepts on which to base their efforts: maintain a recruitment process that is fair and equitable; and support informed and responsible decision making by candidates. During this session, together we will explore strategies and practices to establish a common framework within a decentralized career services context for an ethical professional approach to the delivery of career services.
- April 21 @ 12:30 p.m.: C3 Virtual Lunchtime Check-In: Establishing Ethical Professional Practices to Support Student Success (Presented by NACE)
NOTE: you do not have to attend a workshop in order to attend consequent lunchtime check-in; recordings will continue to be available, but are not required watching prior to attending lunchtime check-ins
More Professional Development Opportunities!
- May 11-13 NCACE 2022 Annual Conference (in person)
- June 6 – 9: NACE 2022 Conference & Expo (in person)
- June 28-29: NACE 2022 Conference & Expo (virtual)
Advance Your Career!
- Director of Experiential Student and Career Services closes March 18
- Director of Student and Alumni Engagement, Center for Excellence in Investment Management closes March 23