April 2022 Newletter
Carolina Career Community
Nominate Your Colleagues!
Help us recognize our career counseling and employer relations professionals for the outstanding work done from the 2021-2022 academic year up through the present! Award categories include: Best Practices/Innovation Award, Distinguished Diversity Initiative, and Outstanding Career Practitioner of the Year. Past award recipients include: 2020: Brandy Arellano, Amy Blackburn, Sandra Chandler; 2019: Sarah Crocket, Sheena Jacobs, Tamara Taylor & Jayne Davis. Nominate a colleague by May 1!
Dr. Nadia Korobova Recipient of NCCDA 2022 Outstanding Professional Award
Dr. Nadia Korobova, Associate Director, Employer Engagement & Recruiting, Career & Leadership for MBA & Alumni, C3 Chair, is the recipient of NCCDA 2022 Outstanding Professional Award. This award recognizes either a mid-level professional or a new program; it recognizes individuals with 5+ years in the profession who consistently and significantly contributes to the career development profession through dedicated service to their clients or students, mentorship and support for fellow career professionals, and a personal commitment to staying current with new research and best practices in the field. Congratulations!
Share Your Updates!
Have you created or piloted a new course or a workshop recently? Have you engaged with an unusual or a highly desirable employer? Have you received a professional award or presented at a conference? Please, share any updates with the C3 committee to be shared in the C3 newsletter!
Tell Your Students!
- Opportunities for students are coming back in Fall 2022!
Mark Your Calendars!
- April 21, 12-12:30 p.m.: C3 Virtual Lunchtime Check-In: Establish Ethical Professional Practices to Support Student Success (Presented by NACE)
- May 3, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: UndocuCarolina Ally Training (register by April 22)
- May 9, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. In Person Coach Approach Training (register here)
- June 1, 10-11 a.m.: C3 New Member Orientation (All Member Check-In)
- June 9, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.: Virtual Coach Approach Training (register here)
- June 15, 11 a.m.-noon: C3 Virtual Workshop: Leadership Development Opportunities Based on NACE Career Readiness Competencies
Student Life & Leadership (SLL) is creating and implementing leadership development opportunities that range from asynchronous independent leadership learning experiences to high-impact multi-day and year experiences. This includes leadership through a range of perspectives that range NACE Career Readiness Competencies, deconstructing/reconstructing meaning, to positive social change. C3 community members are invited to engage in an interactive learning experience around how SLL’s work is expanding on campus. Presenter: Brian Lackman.
- July 15 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. In Person Coach Approach Training (register here)
- September 26 10-11 a.m.: In Person C3 Fall Social (details TBD)
NOTE: you do not have to attend a workshop in order to attend consequent lunchtime check-in; recordings will continue to be available, but are not required watching prior to attending lunchtime check-ins
More Professional Development Opportunities!
- May 11-13 NCACE 2022 Annual Conference (in person)
- June 6 – 9: NACE 2022 Conference & Expo (in person)
- June 28-29: NACE 2022 Conference & Expo (virtual)
Advance Your Career!