Carolina Career Community
Thank You, C3 Event Planning Committee!
I would like to express heartfelt thank you to the C3 Activity Planning Committee: Jarveal Baker, Kaitlyn Bayley, Chloe Benjamin, Allison Binkley, Sandra Chandler, Sarah Crockett, Jacquie Gist, Dr. Lori Haight, Dr. Susanne Killian, Jenn Sipe (present) and Laina Balafas, Cherrelle Lawrence, Dr. Will Taylor (recent past). Your tireless work makes C3 an inclusive, productive, and flourishing community for all UNC Chapel Hill faculty and staff who provide career advising to students and maintain employer relations. Thank you and looking forward to our work together in 2021!
Dr. Nadia Korobova, Chair
We Want to Hear from You!
Please, let us know what topics and areas you are interested in for Spring 2021 C3 offerings: workshops, presentations, trainings, conference, etc. Please email Dr. Nadia Korobova with your ideas and suggestions. You may find dates for Spring 2021 C3 offerings below.
UCS Services Extended for December 2020 Graduates
Tell Your Students!
- Virtual Presence Student Guide
- Winter break is an ideal time for the students to work on their professional brand or digital footprint. 8-step guide on How to Create a Strong Virtual Presence is a step-by-step guide, in which career counselor across UCS and UNC highlight curated resources to help students develop their online brand. Encourage your students to utilize this checklist over the break.
- 2021-2022 Presidential Scholar
- The Presidential Scholar position is a one-year full time appointment awarded to three December 2020 / May 2021 graduates of a UNC System undergraduate baccalaureate program. This position provides a wide range of professional functions for the UNC System Office that will require candidates to be versatile team players. Candidates should be creative, innovative thinkers who dare ask the question, ‘how can we best serve all constituents of the UNC System?’ Encourage your students to apply by January 28, 2021.
- Styled for Success Funding
- Styled for Success provides funding for the purchase of professional interview attire (the equivalent of one outfit) to UNC students receiving need based financial aid. All UNC juniors, seniors, and graduate students who are currently receiving need-based financial aid and are actively involved in an internship or job search are eligible to apply. Encourage your students to apply here.
Mark Your Calendars!
- January 13, 2021, 12:30-1 pm C3 lunch time check in
- February 11, 2021, 12:30-1pm C3 lunch time check in
- Workshop February TBD
- March 10, 2021, 9:30 am – 2 pm Spring C3 Conference
- March 17, 2021, 12:30-1 pm C3 lunch time check in
- Workshop March TBD
- April 15, 2021, 12:30-1 pm C3 lunch time check in
- Workshop April TBD
- May 12, 2021, 12:30-1 pm C3 lunch time check in
- TBD Summer C3 Conference
Missed a C3 virtual event? Access recording and materials here!
- December 17, 1-2 pm Career Services During a Pandemic: A Global Perspective
- May 4-6, 2021 NCACE Annual Conference
- April 19-22, 2021 NACE Annual Conference
- June 30-July 2, 2021 NCDA Global Career Development Conference
- Assistant Director of Career Development and Employer Relations closes January 10, 2021
- Recruiting Coordinator closes December 17
- Want to learn more about C3? Check out our website! Direct website feedback to Kaitlyn Bayley.
- Have something for the next C3 newsletter? Submit your information for consideration to Dr. Nadia Korobova.
- Want to add a colleague to C3 listserv? Want to be removed from C3 listserv? Email Dr. Nadia Korobova
- Want to stay connected? C3 listserv members can reach out to each other directly via listserv. Please, be mindful that your message will reach over 140 UNC Chapel Hill staff and faculty.