Happy New Year!
Within the last few months, our membership has grown from 90 to over 120 members. Welcome, new members!
Welcome from UCS Interim Executive Director Dr. Tierney Bates
I am excited to be here at UNC Chapel Hill to offer a great world class UCS department to our students, I work along some dedicated and stellar staff that are focused on your ability to be career ready. I look forward to our spring semester and the many opportunities that students, faculty, and staff will have to participate with UCS and brand the work we do in making sure our students have all the tools and competencies in and outside of the classroom to succeed. As I tell many students, if you have not been by the office, please stop by Hanes Hall and see us. We want all students to have used our services multiple times and by the time they graduate, you either graduate with a job in hand or off to graduate school is our goal. Find the career you have passion and love for and you will never work a day in your life!
New UCS Assistant Director Ms. Chloe Benjamin
Ms. Chloe Benjamin joins UCS as an Assistant Director. She is a seasoned counseling professional, and twice-over UNC Chapel Hill alumna, having completed a B.A in Journalism and an M. Ed. in School Counseling. Ms. Benjamin has worked in career counseling for the SEIU-United Healthcare Workers’ Education Fund, Stanford University’s Online High School, and as an International Student Services Consultant in Morocco. Professionally, she is passionate about helping people of all ages through life transitions.
Request a UCS Presenter
Interested in having a UCS counselor or a career peer making a presentation to your class or a group on a variety of career related topics? If so, request a presenter here. Spring 2020 UCS workshops available here.
Summer Internship Grant
Know of a student who may benefit from financial assistance to cover expenses of travel, housing, and meals during Summer 2020 internships? If so, refer them here.
Mark Your Calendars!
- January 21 SoACE Webinar “Best Practices in Inclusive Advising”
- February 19 Diversity Job Fair
- February 20 Spring Job and Internship Fair
- March 10 C3 Brown Bag Lunch: Rebekah Layton, Director, Professional Development Programs, Office of Graduate Education “Career Cohorts: Leveraging the power of Peer-Support in Career Development and Exploration”
- TBD C3 Brown Bag Lunch: David Vogel, Director, Career Development and Employer Relations, Undergraduate Business Program, Kenan-Flagler Business School “Power of Gamification”
- June 10 C3 Conference
- February 26-28 NCCA Annual Conference
- March 12 NCCDA Morning Musings
- April 29-May 1 NCACE Annual Conference
- May 21 NCCDA Morning Musings
- January 16-17 CSTM Annual Conference
- June 2-5 NACE Annual Conference
- June 30-July 2 NCDA Annual Conference
- April 8-10 The Collective 2020
- Honors Carolina Professional Development & Career Coach closes January 24
- Interested in receiving UCS Pulse? It is an electronic UCS student newsletter sent bi-weekly to all UNC Chapel Hill students with Handshake account. If so, email Nadia Korobova
- Have something for the next C3 newsletter? Submit your information for consideration to Nadia Korobova.
- Want to add a colleague to C3 listserv? Want to be removed from C3 listserv? Email Nadia Korobova
- Want to stay connected? C3 listserv members can reach out to each other directly via listserv. Please, be mindful that your message will reach over 120 UNC Chapel Hill staff and faculty.